Montrose has a full size rink for public use. Montrose Community League members with valid skate tags can skate for free, while anyone else who wishes to skate here only have to pay $2 each time.
- Wednesday to Friday: 5 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
Family skate time (aka no hockey – no sticks, no pucks, etc.)
- Wednesday to Friday: 5 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 1 to 3 p.m.
Shinny times (aka Hockey Night in Montrose)
- Wednesday to Friday: 7 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 3 to 5 p.m.
- During rink hours, a rink attendant will be on duty. Their word is the law.
- A valid skate tag is required and must be displayed to use the rink. (Skate tags are available as part of community league membership.)
- Those who don’t have a valid skate tag, must pay $2 to skate at the Montrose Community League rink each time they want to skate.
- The rink will be closed if the temperature is -20○ Celsius or below, or +5○ Celsius or higher.
- Montrose Community League, or any of its workers, assumes no responsibility for the actions of individuals using the rink or associated facilities and surrounding area.
- First off: You are skating at your own risk.
- Helmets are required for ALL skaters under the age of 16. Cages are recommended for skaters as well.
- Any skater five years old or younger MUST be supervised by someone over 12 years old.
- All people on the ice should be wearing skates.
- No hockey sticks or pucks allowed on the ice during family skate hours.
- No pushing, checking, foul language, smoking, or spitting.
- Violence of any kind is not permitted.
- No bullying.
- No fighting, high sticking or anything else that is a penalty in hockey.
- Above all, you must listen to the rink attendant. Failure to do so, may result in being banned from using the rink.